Success! Today, I was productive! As well I needed to be. On the tail of yesterday’s post, I am working on an essay exam for my online church history class, and one of these days, it needs to be done.
Back home, I used to do a lot of my homework in coffee shops, usually either Coffee Cottage or Chapters. A lot of people did homework that way. It is the Willamette Valley, after all. Coffee shops abound in the Portland area and Newberg was no exception to that rule. I spent a lot of time in those places.I’ve been missing coffee shops lately. Well, maybe I’ve been missing them most of the time I’ve been here. Not Starbucks or Panera coffee places. Real places. Local places, with good flare and character. I’ve found a couple of places like that, one of which is probably only a ten minute drive away, so for this day, I borrowed Morgan’s car and spent much of my day at
Following my time there, Morgan and I went on a bit of a search for some dinner and ended up at a small
Mediterranean place in Lexington. I had a falafel sandwich and have to say, it was delightful. I also tried an appetizer which was cold and wrapped in grape leaves. That was a little less delightful and while I’m glad I experienced it, I may choose to not experience it again.I will say this: America—you’ve got nothing on the foods of the world. Nothing at all. Well, except maybe you do have a little something on the Brits. Unless you’re comparing pastries. And then nothing.

No comments:
Post a Comment