Monday, July 6, 2009

Sunday, July, 5, 2009

written the following day

Well, Sunday was my last day of freedom before Hebrew came and swallowed me whole. I had homework due in the evening for church history, but instead of doing it, I wandered the mall with Morgan for Bob Dylanesque sunglasses and found the exact pair he used to wear at the Sunglass Hut—Ray Ban Wayfarers 2140. It’s a bad idea, I just want to say, to look at the real deal when you’re trying to find a cheap version of them. It’s bad because nothing looks quite like the real thing and the real thing looks just like Bob Dylan. But hey, I need to update my prescription sunglasses anyway and you can’t put prescription lenses in cheap Old Navy frames…. Oh my.

And speaking of Bob Dylan, Morgan and I finished off her weekend Dylan education with the documentary No Direction Home. It’s a fascinating and very informative documentary about Dylan’s music career, focusing especially on his move from acoustic to electric. I had forgotten, though, that it’s over three hours long. It was aired on two consecutive days when it was on TV. But we watched it all, anyway. Dylan is always worth watching all of.

Now to prepare for the hurricane of Hebrew that shall blow in on Monday and remain for the entire month of July. A language in a month. Oh good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment